Mapping the Cartel's Influence
Look at the map at the following link:
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
- Section 1: Physical Characteristics
- Section 2: Designing a Community and Using Resources
- Section 3: Climate and Weather
We'll be able to use the information you gather today when we set up our colony on Mars!
Monday, March 21, 2016
|A rover inspects the Martian soil.|
When you write your answers, include the name of the article you used at the bottom of the answer box.
Monday, March 7, 2016
You read and annotated the first two articles. You should have two note cards from each. If you need them, you can find online links here:
- Article 1: Teen poetry program with a purpose
- Article 2: Reading, writing can be a prescription for healing, doctors are finding
Now that you've read and annotated two articles for your freshman project, take a look at this online Re-investing in Arts Education, an article from Education Digest published in 2011.
Choose three quotes from the article that will help you answer our World Studies question: What role should the arts play in schools?
If you need help, you can see the Slide Show with Note Card instructions at this link.
Typing Your MELCon
To finish up our part of the Freshman Project, you will type a MELCon paragraph answering our question: What role should the arts play in school?
First, start a new document on Google Drive.
- Name the document "Your Last Name - WS MELCon"
- Share your document with Mr. Ramin - email@example.com
- Share your document with your English teacher
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Type your heading (name, date, period number, teacher name, class name) in the upper left hand corner
- Double space your text
- Title your paragraph and center it. The title should tell the overall main idea of your paragraph.
- Sentence 1: Introduction. Start by linking our question to the overall Freshman Project question. "A good school encourages students to learn by using art.
- Sentence 2: Main Idea. Answer the driving question based on what you read in the articles. "Schools should use arts to..."
- Sentence 3: Introduction to first evidence. Introduce your first piece of evidence and paraphrase it. "First of all, according to the article Encouraging teens to be expressive through poetry..."
- Sentence 4: Evidence 1. Type your first quote. Make sure you put it in quotation marks! "In the text it states..."
- Sentence 5: Link 1. Explain how this quote helps you support your main idea. "This shows me that..."
- Sentence 6: Introduction to second evidence.
- Sentence 7: Evidence 2.
- Sentence 8: Link 2.
- Sentence 9: Introduction to third evidence.
- Sentence 10: Evidence 3.
- Sentence 11: Link 3.
- Sentence 12: Conclusion. Re-state your main idea. "In conclusion..."